LIMITED USE CANADIAN LICENSE AGREEMENT
BY USING NAAWS, RECIPIENT ACCEPTS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW.
1. Legal Agreement. This Limited Use License Agreement (the 'Limited Use Agreement') constitutes a legal agreement between the addressee and his or her organization (collectively, 'Recipient'), the Woodwork Institute and the Architectural Woodwork Manufacturers Association of Canada ('Owners').
2. Controlling Terms. This Limited Use Agreement sets forth herein the only terms and conditions governing the use of the enclosed product.
3. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Use Agreement, Owners hereby grant to Recipient a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use NAAWS 3.1 and its updates (the 'Materials') for woodwork, millwork and case work design, construction, installation, and specification purposes only.
4. Use Only by Recipient. Recipient will not transfer the Materials to any person or entity except its employees, nor authorize any third party to use or sell Materials or derivatives thereof.
5. Compliance with Laws; Precautions. Recipient shall use Materials in strict accordance with all applicable local, provincial and federal laws, regulations and guidelines. Recipient understands that the Materials are merely standards, and that they are to be used with caution and prudence, and in consultation with expert advisors.
6. Liability. Recipient assumes all liability for damages that may arise from the use of the Materials. Owners will not be liable to Recipient for any loss, claim or demand made by the Recipient, or made against the Recipient by any other party, due to or arising from the use of the Materials by the Recipient, except to the extent permitted by law when caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Owners.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Owners disclaim any other representations and warranties, expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranty of noninfringment, title, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Recipient be entitled to recover from Owners any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages in connection with this agreement or the license granted hereunder.
9. Entire Agreement and Assignability. This Limited Use Agreement sets forth the complete and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and terminates all prior agreements and understandings between the parties. No subsequent amendment or addition to this Limited Use Agreement shall be binding upon the parties unless reduced to writing and signed by the respective authorized officers of the parties. This Limited Use Agreement shall not be assigned or otherwise transferred by Recipient.
10. Publication. Any publication or presentation of NAAWS will duly acknowledge Owners as their source.